Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Highland LC Welcomes Nicolle Rivera, Student Teacher

We're thrilled to have Nicolle Rivera at Highland in November and December. She's the guest author of this post as a way of introduction.
Nicolle Rivera leads a library activity


Hello!  My name is Ms. Rivera and I will be working with Dr. Wyatt in the Learning Center at Highland until winter break as I finish my Master’s degree in Library and Information Science.  I grew up in Chicago, but I lived in New York, France, and Central Illinois for school before coming to Highland.  I have worked in all sorts of libraries, but I think school libraries are the best because I get to teach invaluable research skills and still share my passion for children’s and young adult literature. I read all types of books, but I am especially interested in sci-fi/fantasy, historical fiction, and stories that feature diverse characters and would be happy to recommend some great books!  In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family (including my two cats), playing softball, hosting trivia nights, and baking tasty treats.  I am thrilled that I get to work with such a bright and vibrant community, and I am looking forward to the fun events and activities planned for the rest of the my time here!

No comments: