Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Personalized Summer Reading Lists

On a daily basis, I help a lot of people find books to read. I love connecting students with books they enjoy. It is one of the best parts of my job! I've started worrying about what Highland students would do over the summer. We have a great public library in Libertyville, and I hope a lot of students will get involved in the summer reading program and talk to the fabulous librarians there too!

So, crazy as it may seem, I'm offering personalized summer recommended reading lists for interested Highland students. I'm just asking that students give me a little information to help guide me as I create their list.

Here's the form I'm asking students to fill out:

Name: ________________________ email: _______________________
LA/Lit Teacher: ______________________

What genres do you enjoy reading? (circle all that you like)
Fantasy
Historical Fiction
Realistic Fiction
Science Fiction

Non-fiction
Biography
Other_____________


What were the best books you read this year?
1.

2.

What’s your favorite movie/TV show?


Any other information that will help Ms. Wyatt create a list for you. (For example, you love sports books, series, problem novels, a variety of books…)


Of course over the summer, you can always check this blog and my library thing page to see what I've been reading for other ideas. We'll see how this reading list idea works out!

No comments: