Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Reading...so far

Happy Summer! It is hard to believe it is already July. I haven't been reading as much as I would like for pleasure as I've been working on a research proposal. But I thought I'd give an update about what I've been reading so far.

I just finished The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan today. I'm so glad this is one of the 2009 Caudill books! Percy Jackson discovers he is the son of a Greek god, making him a half-blood or demigod. There is loads of action and adventure and a good dose of Greek mythology in this story about a boy's quest to try to stop a war between the gods of Mount Olympus. I can't wait to read more of Percy's adventures.

I read the first book of two series: The Mediator series by Meg Cabot and the Chasing Yesterday series by Robin Wasserman. Chasing Yesterday is about a girl who awakes with amnesia after an explosion in a factory. Most of the first book is spent trying to figure out who she is and what is going on. One hint - there is a conspiracy involved. The Mediator series tells the story of Suze and her work attempting to get the dead to move on to their final resting places. She meets a nasty, violent, and vengeful spirit in her new high school who she has to convince to move along. I liked this book and will definitely pick up more of the series.

I have a huge stack of books waiting to be read. I'm anxious to dive in! Please leave a comment if you have any books you've enjoyed this summer!

Image Citation
"Wyatt LibraryThing Book Covers." Online image. LibraryThing.com 2 July 2008 http://www.librarything.com/home/ewyatt

No comments: