Thursday, July 3, 2008

How my Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller

I was in the mood for a light, girly book this afternoon. And I got just that with How My Private, Personal Journal Became a Bestseller by Julia DeVillers.

Jamie's journal is accidentally turned in to her English teacher instead of her assigned essay. It's not a spill my guts and secret kind of journal, more of a story about high school life and the way she wishes it could be. Her writing, about an independent girl who has the power to flick mean girls and put them in their place, is a hit and her teacher happens to be connected into the publishing industry. In a whirlwind, Jamie's book is published and is hotter than hot. Soon Jamie is jet setting around to interviews and events. But she still has to deal with her everyday life - encounters with her crush, friend dramas, the mean girl at school, and family issues. This was a good read for a sunny summer afternoon.

No comments: