Sunday, August 3, 2008

Acceleration


Acceleration by Graham McNamee has been on my want to read list for the past two years. I finally had a chance to read it and found I couldn't put it down!

Here's the review I wrote on my LibraryThing page:
Ohh...this book was creepy and action packed. Duncan gets stuck with a horrible summer job. Working in the back room in the lost and found at the subway in Toronto, he finds a diary. He starts to read it and is shocked by what he finds - a detailed account of animal killings, arson, and a desire to do something bigger. Duncan is being haunted by his own demons. He tried to save a drowning girl the summer before, but didn't quite get to her in time. He talks his friends, Vinnie and Wayne, to help him investigate this mystery man after the police refuse to take the issue seriously. Wow, I couldn't put this book down - especially the last few chapters!

I would definitely recommend this book. If you've read it, leave a comment about what you thought!

Citation
"Acceleration Cover." Online image. LibraryThing. 3 Aug. 2008 http://www.librarything.com/work/book/34116392

No comments: