Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I was in Arizona when Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was released. After stopping in at a local book store the night of the release, I was really impressed as there were at least 30 people participating in the release party activities and it was only 9:30, hours before the book was available for sale. I did listen for a few minutes to the trivia contest and even managed to score some free stickers when I answered a question correctly!

I didn't wait around to get the book that night, but I did pick up a copy a couple days later. I was really anticipating the end of the series. And like some things that you look forward to for a long time, this book didn't quite meet all my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading it and finding out what happened to all the characters I had grown to like so much during Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I'm glad I read it, I enjoyed it, but it was missing a bit of the magic of the earlier books in the series.

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book. If you've read it, please leave a comment.

While I was in Arizona, I saw the Twilight movie trailer in a theater. I'm really anxious to see how the world of the book is translated onto the screen. It'll be interesting to see what I've imagined in my mind compares with the movie.

Image Citation
"Breaking Dawn Cover." Online image. LibraryThing. 11 Aug. 2008 http://www.librarything.com/work/book/34309234

No comments: